Om Factory’s 50-Hour Lyra Teacher Training (LYRATT) intended to provide the knowledge and tools for future instructors to create successful and versatile Lyra classes while guide aerial circus practitioners on their journey to becoming safe and confident instructors. By way of individual and personalized mentoring, we hope to help trainees develop their own personal teaching style in order to create a well-structured class.
Hours of In Class Training
Hours of Apprenticeship Training
Tuition Fees (Early Bird)
Graduation requirements include present attendance at all in-class hours of training and satisfactory completion of a practical teaching exam and a written test.
- Rigging & Safety
- Lyra Basic Terminology
- Warm Up & Conditioning
- Lyra Mounts & Pose
- Spin & Beats
- Sample Sequences
- Embodied Anatomy
- OM Factory Aerial Lyra Teacher Training manual.
- Certificate of Completion of 25h Aerial Lyra Teacher Training authorized by OM Factory New York upon fulfilling on all graduation requirements.
- Certificate of Completion of 25h Aerial Lyra Apprenticeship authorized by OM Factory New York upon fulfilling on all apprenticeship requirements.
25h Apprenticeship Program
Upon satisfying of graduation requirements, trainees will start to work on their 25h Apprenticeship Training.
This program builds a bridge from training, towards actualizing skills and get real-world teaching experience. Apprenticeship provide a framework for teachers to refine their teaching skills.
- Complete 25 hours of observation, assisting and teaching of OM Factory Aerial Lyra classes
- Submit review report corresponding to each session and receive feedback from mentor.
- Classes conducted are unpaid for the duration of the apprenticeship program.
- Participation in OM Factory Teacher Training or apprenticeship programs does not guarantee employment at OM Factory.
- Trainee will get a Certificate of Completion of Apprenticeship upon fulfillment of all apprenticeship requirements.